Friday, January 25, 2008

Boston to San Jose

I spent the long weekend with two of my grandchildren, and now am with the other ONE, while waiting for the birth of the fourth. I have just crossed the country, Boston to San Jose, knit and listened to podcast short stories from The New Yorker, enjoyed my seatmate/youngish grandmother from the Phillipines who was going to class reunion. I missed my sudoku and purchased a Will Shortz MODERATE book once we landed. Will S's idea of moderate is not as easy as other's challenging ones in my opinion. I have completely changed my strategy for knitting the scarf with sleeves and am ripping out all two skeins of Blue Sky alpaca/silk in ice/113. I am now practicing the fisherman's rib and will have to get new needles today as I am so unpredictable/fickle. Grrr. I could have brought the correct size with me, if, IF I had realized I was bound to change horses in midstream. This is my life: knitting, doing sudoku, enjoying human interaction, and stories. It's both reassuring and depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment