Friday, February 5, 2010

At the LTS (Local Thrift Store), The Happy Dragon

I found an unmarked HEAVY chevron knit cashmere sweater missing its label for $3. I guess the volunteer ladies couldn't tell it was cashmere or it would have had a much higher price tag. All their cashmere goes in a special locked case. This sweater is MUCH nicer than any in the case. I thought I might cut it up for projects but it fits so nicely and is so cozy ...decided to keep for the Self.

This Helen Kaminski hat cost $2, retailing for $245. It was hat karma as just last night I had coveted a sun hat like Meryl Streep's in It's Complicated.

I LOOOOVVVVE recycling!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! What a great cashmere sweater... nice hat too. I heard the other day that the goodwill in Topsham and the one in Freeport are really good... might involve a roadtrip at somepoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait for me and I'll go with you in April!

    ReplyDelete