Thursday, October 28, 2010

Moving Toward Winter

On a bulletin board at a local small college was this tiny bag (2"x3"?) ziplock bag and inside was a tiny red hand, a golden flower painted on it and a section of paper doily behind it. I was intriqued but didn't feel free to open it up and examine it. Now I wish I had. It will always be a mystery because I didn't examine it more closely.

The color has been extraordinary around here. Yes, yes, the leaves are splendid, but that is not all. I get rhapsodic over the hydrangea bush whose blossoms have transformed again and again for the last two months. That is a lot of bang for the buck.


Our neighbor has his kayaks all stacked up at the end of their most useful seasons. They are a very pretty family of four, aren't they?
I thought you might like to see the Honeysuckle Popper in action, though in this photo you can't see the pedestal that swivels and upon which my foot sits. To see a video of its use by its manufacturer (a very clever man, Mr. Honeysuckle), click on the Honeysuckle link. It's an impressive device, though just carrying it from the garage to the woods is a strain for me.
We're frantically making use of every sunny day in this part of the world, knowing that soon we'll be inside for most of the day. I have been wanting some indoor workshop time, but it's not to be had just yet, as that October sun has been shining on us creating 60 degrees F daylight hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment