Friday, April 17, 2009

Gardening Again

It took twenty wheelbarrows-full, thirty shovels in each load, to cover my flower garden. While I worked I heard the return of the phoebes who inhabit the same nest under the eaves each year, mating osprey, a woodpecker though I couldn't see which one(s). Last year at this time I saw a yellow-bellied sapsucker and sometimes we see a pair of pileated peckers. But this time, I just couldn't see them.

Explosions of color are small, but thrilling, like this chinodoxa forbesil, a perennial favorite of mine.
TĂȘte-a-tĂȘtes bloomed all at once during the day.
A bee died in this crocus. Do you suppose s/he overate in the glory of spring? It was very hard to photograph for some reason, but if you look closely, you can see the furry body.

No comments:

Post a Comment