Saturday, July 3, 2010

Summer in Wayne!


I can't believe it's taken me till JULY to take my first bike ride of the season! My destination was the Cary Memorial Library book sale. I got a huge bag of books for $1.00, enough to take party favors to everyone at the tapas party tonight. There were some real treasures, as always. (The travels of Marco Polo with super old color illustrations, All in a Day's Work, a luscious photo album by Eve Arnold of people performing labor all over the world, Ylla's book of CATS, and so many more!) Of course my bag was too full and caused my bike to be tippy so T had to save me and come and take the books home by car. I biked home feeling grateful that I have a rescuing, schlepping hubby.

Wayne is less provincial in the summer than in the winter. B and B had a tapas party with the MOST fabulous selections for all of us, and the driest Spanish sherry as well. It was a gorgeous evening with breezes and perfect temperatures in the 70s, and so nice to see Graham from England who has been coming to Wayne for 4o years, as well as Jann and Joyce from Alexandria, VA with their stories of winters in NM and research on artist Olive Rush. WELCOME SUMMER!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of books as party favors. And those sandals too...

    ReplyDelete