Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tribute to Maggie (Oct. 24, 1944 - Jul. 10, 2010)




My guess is that everyone who knew Maggie, secretly thinks that s/he was her best friend. Mag made everyone feel like the most special person in her life. She drew people to her with her immediate delight in their presence, her loving tolerance and her sincere curiosity about every detail of their lives.

Mag was the ultimate Question Queen. She had the propensity to aid people in understanding their own truths. Maggie was commited to insightful questioning, questions that inspired deeper introspection, clarifying questions, challenging questions. .She was a gifted, guiding, enlightening and most of all loving spirit like no other. ..

When anticipating time with Mag, I woud plan ahead with determination that THIS time I would ask her more questions than she would ask me. It never happened. I don’t expect she had a single friend who could claim that Mag talked more than she listened in the relationship. People of all ages flocked to her for her big love.

Even during my final conversation with Maggie, after her week of difficult testing when she lay on her bed unable to turn over or sit up, she continued to ask loving, probing questions about my life. For as long as she remained conscious, she displayed her abiding and deep curiosity about the people she loved.

There is no one who takes her place, serves her unique purpose among my friends and family. And yet, because of who she was, she has left me with the ability to continue our conversations spiritually and to remain together without physical presence.

5 comments:

  1. tuvo buscar el pais que mag y tu peuden quedarse con ella .mui bueno .

    te quiero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily – You have captured something so central to our dear friend Maggie. What a lovely and loving tribute to an extraordinary woman who had so much to teach us all. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
    Is this possible?

    ReplyDelete
  4. To anonymous of July 31...I don't understand your question and I can't access your site. Sorry...

    ReplyDelete