Sunday, August 29, 2010

First Time Boutonniere-Maker

The requests of the bride for more and more floral accessories for her local wedding grew and grew. Finally the self-employed part-time florist/friend/neighbor asked me for help. I showed up at her house on Friday morning with no experience but not exactly clumsy fingers. She demonstrated how to make a garden flavored boutonniere from a marigold, eucalyptus leaf and a sprig of either rosemary (for health) or sage (for wisdom). I took to it like a ....well, you know. It was a fine morning indeed, working in her outdoor space, while she worked on table arrangements; one of the loveliest days of the summer; gabbing, clucking, tittering, guffawing and configuring eleven of these little gems for the lapels of the gentlemen in the wedding.



1 comment:

  1. I love the little "manly parts" on those boutonnieres... reminds me of ginseng roots, in miniature. Which is a little amusing.

    ReplyDelete