Wednesday, September 24, 2008

So Long, Summer!

Cimicifuga is that last bloomer in my garden. It's drama is stunning, as its luminous wands wave above my head in the twilight of the afternoon. The distinctive scent has replaced the pholx scent. It's a delicious olfactory cycle. It blooms prolifically in my full shade garden. The bees love it! So, in a way, it pleases the ear too, as there is always the sound of buzzing, buzzing, buzzing in its presence.

On the last evening of summer, B and I were determined to have a last drink in our beloved adirondack chairs. We haven't had the usual quantity of such evenings, as the summer was wet, cold and then buggy. I made a cheese plate, we bundled up and Mr. T served us our vodka tonics on the deck. B took a last swim too. I don't think I took more than three swims the whole summer. Better luck next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment