Sunday, September 7, 2008

It's a Small World

This little guy/gal was in the bathroom wall for days. Finally he moved to the floor of the bedroom, right next to my bed. I like him, but I really didn't want to sleep with him. I pushed him under the other bed next door. Today I found him in my closet with my tee shirts. Gosh, I hope he is filling up on all those little gnats that bother me while I read in bed at night.

On another note, I had a Drop-In today! It's my delight to be dropped in upon, but living at the end of a dirt road doesn't really promote this activity. My doorbell rang and sure enough: a friend came to call unannounced. She happens to know my lust for drop-ins, and indulged me, walked the two miles to my house from hers.

She brought a message to me from a friend from a former life. The connection was made because of poetry, teaching, Lovell, Maine and Clear Flour Bakery in Brookline, MA. It's too long a story, but the short story is that it's a small world and it always amazes and delights me that this is so.

No comments:

Post a Comment