Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday


This was our Easter:
I went to church, not because I am a believer, but because I love being there with other humans, because I love our pastor who is brilliant and loving and because I am always challenged to try a little harder to accept my human qualities and those of others. It works every time, thanks to Kyung-hee.

T went to his weekly sauna with the friends he has been seeing each week for more than thirty years. They sauna, watch a little sports on t.v. and sometimes have Sunday dinner, but not this week.

The rest of our day was quiet and calm. We did those things we love doing inside, separate things. We took a five mile walk on the heights overlooking the lake and the distant White mountains.

I have to say it stands as one of my favorite Easters, without any of the traditional accoutrements or celebratory functions. It was a day to celebrate daily renewal.

No comments:

Post a Comment