Thursday, January 22, 2009

Boston, Brookline and Bunny

This isn't the best picture of our new President, but I had to have something to remember the day, shot with my camera off the t.v. Like everyone I know, I want to remember this day always and the nearly universal elation that was felt around the world.

Maggie was a member of SNCC in the sixties and marched in Alabama. In more recent years she has worked to combat racism in a special program at Harvard, focused on elementary school children. Much of her life has been devoted to the cause. Now she is waging a personal battle with her third bout of cancer. That I could be with her meant everything to me. Oh, JUBILATION!

"What a CHAPEAU!" said Ms. Mag. You know how to do it, Aretha.

On MLK day, Karen and I went to the MFA and saw (among other things) Indian bed curtains from a stately English home. How about the teeth on this hund??

Three Bunnies are about as cute as mifflettes.

My own little bunny/granddaughter is about as cute as you can get. I was pleased to initiate the wearing of this combo of clothes I got her for her birthday on eBay. The top and pants were advertised as being a play outfit, and the skirt is pure wiggle-walk from Oilily.

She READS! Well, not actually the text in front of her, but she utters streams of speech while pointing to the words in front of her.
I'm smitten.

Sorry I missed getting Wendy and Barbara here too, as we had a super day at an urban thrift store where Barbara stocks up on gorgeous European men's shirts for her quilt-making.

No comments:

Post a Comment