Sunday, November 2, 2008

At the Apple Store

Lately when I try to upload photos to iPhoto, I get a warning that my startup disc is almost full and I should eliminate files. Also a huge amount of my photos are now overlapping, ie: I have one on top of another since I have stored more than five thousand photos. When I press a thumbnail, something entirely different is apt to appear.

Since the Apple store is within walking distance, I decided to see what kind of advice I could get there. Yikes! I was happily impressed with the level of FREE help I received.

It seems I am just about out of space on this computer. I have a few choices and must sort that all out. For the first time, I see why people buy computers with more than minimal space on their hard drives, why they purchase external hard drives and why they clean up their files from time to time. I haven't done any of those things. Now I must do at least one of them.

I'm also considering personal training at Apple. It cost $99 and one can get help once a week for an hour for a full year. Though I won't always be within walking distance of a store (that dirt road sure is long) the advisor pointed out it's a bargain even if you only have three sessions. After all, you take your computer and ask them whatever you want.
SIGN ME UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment