Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's NOT even Christmas

I received two splendid gifts recently. From my dear friends, Margaret and Tom, came this tiny heart shaped box which fastens with magnets. It's so precious, finely wrought, smooth and aesthetic. Tom said he "found" it and thought of me. Where does one find such a treasure? It came filled with more tiny treasures: the smallest sand dollar I have ever seen and three soft pebbles that have been worn with time. Ohhhh, I just love this box of heartfelt sentiment from Maine. Does it make me homesick? Yes, yes, yes.
Yesterday I had visitors from Seattle; ALSO dear friends, Hazel and Adam! I am thrilled with a bird identification book for California which Hazel gave to me! I have noticed a bird in the bushes as I walk between my house and Rose Ave. The same bird seems always there to greet me. What pleasure to identify it as a Northern Mockingbird. The author has great tips: this mockingbird is unafraid of people and allows close observation! No wonder it seems like my friend. I have a new focus for my time here in CA.

1 comment: