Sunday, November 23, 2008

This green mifflette has a combination of vintage fabric, limbs from a cotton baby's shirt, vintage cotton trim and contemporary cotton ears. He's ALL monkey!
As dogs are to skunks, I am to cacti. A couple of weekends ago, I decided I HAD to have one of these cacti buds for my seed pod collection. Naturally I got 3,629 cacti needles in my hand and had to count on Dexter's patience while I tweezed as many out of my palm as I could. Did I learn a lesson? Apparently not as yesterday I just HAD to take a close up photo of the developing pods. This time I backed into a neighboring cactus and you KNOW where I got 2,194 needles this time.
In a box marked FREE on University Ave, lay these three porcelain raku bowls. They are exquisitely thrown and glazed, with no cracks or chips whatsoever. I had to wonder if they were misplaced, but not enough to leave them there. Now I'm wondering to whom I should give them. Any takers?

3 comments:

  1. keep monkeying around , will help you stay out of trouble, like getting into cacti. who was pulling the needles out of you know where? can see why you wanted photo and attracted to the flowers, quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. take a bite... I should read comments before posting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So here's a cactus story from maybe 15 years ago. At the Berkely Botanical Gdn w/ some friends, saw a humongous Opuntia with ripe fruits. I say "you can eat those you know". They say "really?" "Oh yea, they sell them in the supermarket and everything, though I've never had one". At which I reach down, pick up a just fallen unbruised fruit, wipe the spines off and take a bit. OMG it was so juicy and so good and SO FULL OF SPINES still! They were on my tongue, under my tongue, on my lips, inside and out... So I haven't tried one since. I truly believe the ones available here would be like cardboard. The difference between a winter store tomato and one fresh and hot off the vine, or perhaps a greater difference. Those bowls are beautiful, and the colors match the cactus and the monkey... you should keep them!

    ReplyDelete