Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Two New Recycled Sweaters

In searching for mifflette making materials, I happened upon a moth eaten white turtle neck sweater. I couldn't talk the seller down from $3, and begrudgingly paid full price. That evening at Rose Ave, I really was cold and put on the sweater until I could make it back to my house. It sure was comfy, and it sure was full of holes.

Epiphany hit and I decided to alter the sweater a bit by cutting off the turtle neck, cuffs at the bottom and sleeves and to mend the holes with bright embroidery floss. Voila! I have a very whimsical and cozy new sweater!

On a roll, I added the cuff I had cut off of the first sweater to an earlier purchase of a too-short raspberry colored cashmere sweater. I may add yet another round of ribbing to the bottom of that one, but already it is more comfortable and sits lower on my hips. What I love about this sweater is the reason I purchased it; it has old fashioned short sleeves that are not cap sleeves but rather reach down to my elbows.



No comments:

Post a Comment