Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hats, hats, hats


It took a bit of effort to get all the materials back out without Susy here. I couldn't justify using our living space either, when I have such a fine workshop. But it was easier to spread out over three tables when Susy and I were working together. It's almost as if my workroom is only good for storage as I hardly work there lately.




Indigo blue is Susy's current favorite color and she was dying to cut into the sweater that came closest to that. She made a headband for one thing and a mohawk for a tomato red hat for another. I used it for a sort of cloche, shown here. I love a bit of lime green with so many other colors.


This all white hat feels like a sleeping cap. It's long and drapey and ultra soft. I added some sparkles to make it like a wintry day with sun on the snow.


Joyce was a really good sport to do some modeling with me. She didn't need any help deciding how to wear this almost military shape.
I sewed shiny beads on the snake character between buttons from a child's sweater.
Really this is my favorite of all because of the densely soft, matted heather green panel with attached saffron mini prayer rug.
For our local library's fund raising silent auction, I fashioned these two Wayne Maine hats, male and female. We'll see if there are any bidders.





No comments:

Post a Comment