Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Made by Meryl Streep, Jodie Foster and Me



Although I begin each knitting project with enthusiasm, I soon get quite bored. It goes soooo slowly. There is a certain soothing and therapeutic quality to the process, but it doesn't outweigh the restlessness I feel having to sit still for so long.

I wanted to knit my cousin Charlie a pair of socks, however, as he has been so kind to me in so many ways. A pair of woolen socks seemed like a great gift as he had admired the Fire Dragon mittens I made for Dexter in January.

Finally a technique developed to help the socks along their way. MOVIES! I have found in the early evenings I can get a fair amount of knitting done while watching a 1 1/2 to 2 hour movie if it's a fairly good film. Charlie's socks were knit while watching Nell with Jodie Foster and Liam Neeson and Adaptations with Meryl Streep and Nicholas Cage (playing twins!). I also watched a documentary called Bobby Fisther Against the World on the new HBO documentary film series on Monday night.

I don't think this technique will hold me for long, but it did produce a fine pair of socks! Charlie visited today to bring me my beautifully repaired framed antique photo of Japan during cherry blossom time. He did a magnificent job, though I was told by two frame shops that "it couldn't be done." HE DID IT!

I was glad to have finished the last few rows of his socks as he sat across from me.



No comments:

Post a Comment