Monday, March 16, 2009

Bits and Pieces

We are in the last few days of being here. I think I am in transition because I am feeling somber. Here are a few offerings.

Interesting stone work in our neighborhood, that appears to be improvised:


Doorway that seems to be whimsically constructed with security measures in mind:


Parroquia and Cubanismo band...it was hopping!


You know I'm a terrier fanatic:


On Sunday we went bird watching. I can't show you the birds as I don't have a fancy telephoto lens, but we saw at least one:
curve billed thrasher, mockingbird, canyon towhee, white winged dove, mourning dove, broad billed hummingbird, vermilion flycatcher, Cassin's kingbird, kiskadee, cattle egret, white faced ibis, golden fronted woodpecker, female blue grosbeak, verdin, raven, red-tailed hawk, yellow rumped warbler, American kestrel, white tailed kite, blue-gray gnatcatcher, loggerhead shrike and MANY MORE species! It was AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment