Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wrong Side of the Fence

This could be a Mexican version of Dylan! He was on the street side of the gate and soon after this photo was taken, three older siblings hurried out and brought him safely inside. Afternote: T says I am being kind in my description. The older siblings actually cuffed this niƱo in the back of the head, had him in tears when they DRAGGED him back inside. I missed all that. I guess he got the message that he isn't to wander off.

Where we ate last night: Aquis en Mexico, a restaurant run by the same family for four generations with extensive, authentic Mexican offerings. The owner is a doctor by day. Don't you wish you were here? Our meal with drinks cost about $7.00.

Throughout our meal, I kept staring at this painting, perplexed. Finally I realized that it was carcasses hanging out to be drained AND that it was hung upside down!

This is how it would be if it were hung correctly:

Here is the title in the upper right corner, as it is hung, the name of the restaurant. Personally, I think the owner is playing a joke on patrons.

No comments:

Post a Comment