Monday, June 2, 2008

Mifflette Angst

I'm struggling with mifflette design. I want them to be lovable for babies and children - soft, colorful, friendly and a bit modern, but I don't want to mimic others. There are so many soft toys being made these days. I don't want to add to the glut, yet I do enjoy the magic of bringing them to life from old sweaters and small bits of fabric, colorful emboidery floss features. Will this poor little mifflette end up in Goodwill in a few years? The little Steiff dog is pondering what next to chase and wondering why we humans fuss so.

Our friends at the cottage had these rocks transported right up to the water's edge of the beach in order to have some special summer gatherings in a circle. The middle rock is to be the table. How delightful to anticipate summer sunsets here upon occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment