Sunday, June 13, 2010

Damp and Dreary


This season seems to be following the pattern set last year of damp, buggy days with a few intermittent dry, sunny ones. The weekends seem particularly gray and so we do what we can to keep cheery. Gathering together, we had a group of nine to dinner, even though we shivered a bit on the screen porch as we ate our borsht, Thai summer rolls, grilled wild salmon and new-from-the-garden greens. It always helps to be convivial.

It also helps to have wool on the fingers. In order to participate in a new knitting group, I was driven to find a knitting project. Using up old grandchild knitting project odds and ends, drawing them together with some leftover mohair, I'm looking forward to completing this hottie cover for the cold nights and freezing feet.

Napping has also been one of my favorite Sunday afternoon activities. Okay, I also like them on weekdays too. I love facing my favorite painting which is the one thing I'd grab if the house were on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment