Thursday, June 17, 2010

Marston House



Marston House is my favorite shop in Maine. I've been going there for years and am always excited to see what Sharon has brought back from her winter in France. Her inventory makes me sigh with sensual delight. All of our porch tables and chairs come from late nineteenth century Paris, via husband Paul and her. This year, I found some intriguing farm fabrics for buddha dolls.

She has an impeccable eye for whimsical primitives, textiles, cermaics, tools, just the creme de la creme of antiques. Her dyed linens are saturated with the colors of Southern France and would transform any table on which they were placed. My friend, CSR might well covet these marigold monogrammed napkins.

Sharon and Paul are warm, gracious and friendly. They also run a bed and breakfast which I've always secretly wanted to patronize. I highly recommend a visit in Wiscasset if you have the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment