Sunday, October 19, 2008

Marin County Visit

My dear friends moved from Berkeley to Mill Valley a year ago. They are enjoying their lives at The Redwoods where B continues her photographic career and A gardens and explores. The Redwoods offers many opportunities for elders to continue to grow, expand and contribute to the greater community. Both A and B are nourished and nurture others.

A took me to the Green Gulch Zen Center after we had a meditation session at The Redwoods with Lee from Green Gulch. The garden here provides organic food for all the monks and visitors to the center as well as two local restaurants.

The rainbow chard was the most colorful I'd ever seen.

Backtracking we went to Rodeo Beach in search of ovaline and carmelite. A knows just where to look as she took her grade six classes here annually for a week to do marine studies.

Twice I crossed the Golden Gate Bridge. It's as exhilarating as crossing the Zakim Bridge, with the city gleaming in mist. The photo isn't the best as I was limited to one hand driving and one hand camera shooting. Remember what I said about mono-tasking? Ha! I paid the price with a third rate photo, but NO auto accident at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment