Thursday, October 9, 2008

October 9

The only way you can tell it's fall in Los Gatos is by the shortening days and some leaves that are changing color. It is still fairly hot and always sunny and breezy. The weather, as I've said before, is not hard to take.
I adore the eucalyptus trees. It actually rained for an hour or so last week and then the scent of the eucalyptus permeated the air completely. I tried taking photos of them in the afternoon light but there is no way to communicate their immensity without including something to show scale. Zach and I are showing you how large this one is, in a group of three right behind Zach's house.
Dex and I chased Zadie and Zach home through El Sombroso Oaks. Zach loves a good game of chase. Now Zadie has gone home and I am about to move into a nearby cottage for awhile and help out with the boys. Whew! As Zadie said, "Why do the days here feel like 30 hours??" TWO little reasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment