Thursday, October 23, 2008

Waning

I'm coming along on the Christmas stocking project, though I only knit on average 4 rows a day. YES, I see the mistake NOW, and missed it till photographed. NO, I am not redoing.
I have worn these walking shoes on hikes in the U.S.A., Italy, France, England, Scotland, New Zealand and Japan. I've also worn them a lot in general, whenever I want to do a fair amount of walking and the weather is questionable. In New England, that's most of the time. I've had them since 1999. Need I say they are perfectly comfortable, perfectly waterproof and durable? I just noticed this hole. Though now a pair costs $335, in my opinion there are no other candidates for workhorse shoes than these Nubuck Rush Mephistos made in France. Considering I have had them nearly ten years and worn them maybe 100 days a year, paid $295 for them, it cost me $.29 to keep my feet happy (therefore the rest of me too) every time I wore them!
There are four rosebushes at the cottage. When I pass them, I breathe deeply. They must be on their waning days, so I cut some for inside today. Already the scent fills the house.

2 comments: