Monday, August 11, 2008

Aftermath of the Accident

Ahem. I love my fujifilm finepix f20. It's not a sexy camera but it takes spectacular low-light photos because of its iso 2000 capacity. It has 6.3 megapixels which are plenty for me. It has a very low lag time between shots, restrained flash, and the photo quality is very high. It's my favorite point-and-shoot even when given the option (by my husband) to replace it with a pricier, fancier camera, the camera of my dreams. The finepix IS the camera of my dreams.

Amazon is currently charging $379 for this camera and thecameraprofessionals.com is charging $99 so you can guess where I ordered. But that was a week ago and I upgraded shipping to two day delivery. When it still wasn't here today, I grew suspicious. There's no charge on my amex so I guess I need to try again.

I've missed the camera but more than ever today on Monhegan with my friend whom I only see once a year. We saw an older resident with a fantastic hat, a straw fez completely filled in with feathers in the most artistic way and all found feathers, including four parrot feathers. I admired it extravagantly. Then I noted her jacket: a white blazer embroidered with personal scenes of Monhegan, including the captain of the Laura B. I'm ready to return soon, armed with a camera and hunt her down.

No comments:

Post a Comment