Thursday, August 21, 2008

One of My Favorite Places

Too often I rush home from Boston as if it matters at all. Boston is truly my home and I know the MFA better than any museum in the U.S. I decided to linger there alone today, contemplatively. It was vastly satisfying.

This is the same figure you can just about make out at the top of the last photo.

BronzeVenus by Fernando Botero

Painting Installation by Cara Walker, The Rich Soil Down There


Cara Walker detail


Jim Dine's Venus, sculpture (and print in background)


John Wilson's The Dressing Table


Henry Moore figure in bronze


The MFA renovation is underway and there were no major exhibits going on. That was a good thing as I caught up with more of the permanent collection pieces that are currently on view. and Yes, I upped my membership once again, family style.

1 comment:

  1. We are so lacking in cul-tjah heah. But thankfully it isn't that far away, and we can enjoy the wilds of home and then go get our dose when we need it.

    ReplyDelete