Friday, August 1, 2008

Mifflette Famille Lapin

It's been quite a while since I made a mifflette family. One was requested by a friend, so I think I'll make several and let her choose. I'm fond of this just completed rabbit-ish one. Faces and paws are made from a recycled extra fine merino wool sweater.

I think s/he could be either a mama or a papa. What do you think? T thinks she looks like s/he is wearing pajamas, a comfy look. Note the Rosa Pomar waistband! It's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, the most beautiful jacquard ribbon around. You can order it at Retrosaria.

And this is definitely a big sister and little brother. I keep DOING that combo! Little brother is made from a vintage corduroy shirt and so are big sister's ears. Her body is Kaffe Fassett cotton and some of my grandmother's lace. She was born in 1861 and I never met her, but I inherited a suitcase full of her lace.

No comments:

Post a Comment