Thursday, August 14, 2008

Still Waiting

thecameraprofessionals.com say my tracking number will be available after 5 p.m. tonight. Does that mean it has shipped or not? It means it has NOT shipped. I'm so glad I paid an extra $20 for two to three day delivery on August 3. Grr. At least I saved $250 by not ordering through Amazon, right? It might have taken just as long through them.

We loved our trip to Portland yesterday to celebrate my birthday at Evangeline in Longfellow Square on Congress St and a trip to the Portland Museum to see a fascinating Georgia O'Keefe exhibit. The exhibit focused on photos of O'Keefe, as recorded by many well known photographers. It included some of her paintings as well.

The dinner at Evangeline was delicious. We shared a skate wing, escargots, endive salad and a refreshing melon sorbet ensemble with melon soup.

My REAL birthday evening was spent happily at J's cottage, surrounded by friends. Thank you all for friendship and love. I feel very glad to be 63, very spoiled.

1 comment:

  1. OH! Happy belated Birthday, Gramily!!!! I miss your blog posts! You should make what ever company it was that you ordered the camera from refund the money you paid for expedited shipping!

    ReplyDelete