Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Free Stuff, Day Five - White Shirts, Converse All-Stars

Those of you who know me realize I have a collection of All-Star sneakers that date back to 2003. That is when Converse sold out to Japan. The factory in Somerville, MA sold their inventory at a discount and I came home with nine pairs. It was a fun ride, but excessive. (not that I don't embrace excess under certain circumstances)

The Bright Moon Blue pair have matching shoe laces. They are very comfy as they were made in the U.S. of A. The pink ones were made in China and I can feel the difference. They're a bit stiffer. Both are size 6/mens, 8/ladies, unisex. JL or KJA want to strut in these
Crisp, white Banana Republic, size S shirt. I tried to capture the woven texture. It's lovely, but hard for my camera to seize. I'd describe it as basket-weave. It has pearlized buttons and is pristine and elegant. I acquired this when I thought I would wear different white shirt every day in the summer. Again - Excess. Still available/ 5-26-11
Here's my problem (one of them): I can't resist bargain textiles even when rationally I know it is unlikely I will use them. This shirt comes from Goodwill, and is a Jill Mcgowan shirt. She's a local ME designer and these shirts run $150 +. So, of course I could not resist a Goodwill shirt price tag of $4.99. But I NEVER used this shirt. It is a fine voile with embroidered circles in purple, turquoise and citron. Maybe you could use it? Size S/6-8 JM is going to give it a try!
Another voile shirt, perfect for summer. This is a Garnet Hill offering size 6. It is fitted with princess line styling, very flattering and pretty. Problem for me is that it is short. When I bend or raise my arms, flesh shows. :- p Not happening. I love the way the first button begins below the detailed placket front. The sleeves are 3/4 length with a slit. L.S.is giving it a try.

Trio of White Shirts, Waiting for Adoption

3 comments:

  1. Emily , I love the way you write about clothes! I've always loved your inimitable style but i didn't know you could wax so lusciously descriptive on the subject! I'm loving it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice threads, Em. Alas I'm a big-boned Dane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're too kind, Denise. and Learning is Fun, keep your eyes peeled for some larger offerings.

    ReplyDelete