Monday, May 30, 2011

The Inner Closet

Some friends have wondered what's still in my closet, that I'm keeping. Here are three things that I'm wearing today and have enjoyed year after year.

In the heat and with a large population of bugs outside, I decided to stay low and finish the latest Sherman Alexie book, War Dances. Nah, I don't need a hat inside, but I've taken it on and off so many times today and lost track of it, that I finally surrendered and just left it on till we go to a neighborhood picnic soon.
I wore this same hat and shirt, different pants, when we went to the Asticou Azalea Gardens in Bar Harbor a number of years ago. Theory shirt from Barneys New York, circa 2003, vintage straw hat from Italy found here at the annual Wayne Grange sale.

And these In The Wash strawberry capris, need to be seen close up to be appreciated. Bold print, beautiful cotton with a bit of spandex, lovely fit and $5 at Mardens some years back. There are four more pairs of these capris/pants in my closet; an outrageous skunk print with a chartreuse background, Gay Paree print that is funky and fun, and a art nouveau botanical print, sort of like Lily Pulitzer which you can KIND OF see in the photo above.

I'm not even close to being ready to get rid of any of these things, but it gives you an idea of why I was motivated to get rid of other things. One only has so much room in one's closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment