Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Kindle Reading




Lucky me; I received a Kindle as a Christmas gift. I wasn't sure I even wanted one, but once gifted, I no longer had to decide. I immediately downloaded Dickens' Little Dorrit, a hefty 1.000 page tome. I have enjoyed traveling with my kindle, am impressed with the policy of allowing downloads of first chapters before ordering books and love the light weight and small size of the unit.

That being said, I have not given up hold-in-my-hands-books. I haven't ordered a single new book on my Kindle since my original three. In fact, most of my reading is still from the library or the discount table at Brookline Booksmith. Along with The New Yorker, I still choose hard copy reading over Kindle reading. It's a great way to take a lot of books on a trip though, and I'll be taking it with me whenever I do long distance or long term traveling.

By the way, my new favorite author is Sherman Alexie. T and I have both completed Ten Little Indians, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian and War Dances. So far.


During the Super Moon in March, I read my kindle all through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment