Friday, May 27, 2011

Free Stuff, Day Seven: MORE Converse, pants, shirts

Non-local folks: Don't forget I ship. I also don't do First Come, First Served. I'm looking for wide distribution, so Don't Be SHY! Say what you want and we'll see what happens. I can kind of picture certain people in certain things.

I'm getting a lot of pleasure out of this project. I could have taken all this to Goodwill, but this is way more fun.

Today is hot and humid and I'm not in the mood for modeling. Temperamental, huh? So here are the daily goods, flat and simple.

Katie and Jan, whadaya think? Here are two more colors - classic RED and PURPLE CLOUD. Don't be alarmed; I still have a very worn pair of black which need replacing, a virgin white pair, sea grass and maroon and pine. FIVE pairs still puts me over the top for All Stars. Ethan: YES, I am hoping to replace that black pair this year!

Two pairs of pants that fit GREAT, but I never ever choose them. I got them at Mardens a bunch of years ago when there was a sale of sample sizes from the label, In the Wash. Since then, I have seen this same label at the chic store, Black Parrot/Portland and Rockland. Uh, Mardens' prices are better than Black Parrot. WAY better. These sit just below your waist. Sz 8, but they fit like my current 6s do.

Love the zipper detail, and YES, real pockets!

They're about ankle length, with slits and purposely ragged hem.

Three long sleeve shirts. You can see why I didn't try them on today in the 80s.
J Crew shirt with pleats all the way down the front, size S, fitted and flattering, NOT loose. 100% fine cotton. I actually ordered this from the catalogue, something I hardly ever do. I was feeling remote in Maine.
Flowery, breezey Old Navy shirt that is dreamily summery and pretty. I got it at Goodwill and wore it once. It's just not a style I wear, even though I am attracted to it. It has hand tailoring detail (probably imitation hand detail). size M as well, so plenty of room, flowy and loose on me. For you botanical print lovers or Audubon aficionados, this might be your cup o' tea.


Maybe this is viyella. It's a heavier shirt and a man's shirt. It's a M, I suspect. Label's gone. I used it as a work shirt for years and still love it. The colors are good for me. How about for you? BIG and roomy. (Elisa - How about a Big Dane??)

No comments:

Post a Comment